Are you 55 or older and looking for a unique opportunity? Are you eager to give back to your community while gaining valuable job skills and experience? If so, we have just the opportunity for you!
Do you reside in one of these counties: Cannon, Davidson, Dickson, DeKalb, Hickman, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Smith, Sumner, Van Buren, Warren, Williamson and Wilson.
Join the Senior Community Service Employment Program (SCSEP) today! This is a special federal program designed to assist older adults who are unemployed and meet certain financial criteria, helping them re-enter the workforce and stay active.
Here’s what you’ll get with SCSEP:
1. Purposeful Work: Gain hands-on experience in various roles while providing vital services to your community.
2. Skill Building: Learn new skills or brush up on existing ones, increasing your employability and self-confidence.
3. A Caring Community: Join a network of peers who support each other in achieving professional and personal goals.
4. Income Support: Receive a subsidy while you’re learning and looking for regular employment.
You may be eligible to join if you:
• Are 55 years old or older.
• Are currently unemployed.
• Have a family income of no more than 125% of the federal poverty level. If you’re unsure about this, don’t worry – we’ll help you understand if you meet the criteria during the application process.
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities for all and do not tolerate discrimination based on age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
What are you waiting for? Contact us now to find out more and join SCSEP!